"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

To weigh or not to weigh

Mondays are official weigh in days. But that's not the only time I weigh myself. I may weigh myself first thing in the morning, after I exercise (rare these days), mid-day when I haven't eaten much, before bed to estimate what I may weigh in the morning. I have issues with my scale. Actually I have issues with my weight & I like to blame my scale. But in reality I know I am the cause for my weight weight gain, but I am also the solution.
I am trying to become less focused on the number the scale gives me, and think/listen to how my body feels. So that means only weighing in on Mondays. We'll see how it goes.

In other news I was checking out the Overeater Anonymous and Taking Off the Pounds Sensibly web sites (while keeping an eye in the Phillies game & Monday Night Football- isn't multi-tasking great?). It was an info gathering session as I don't know much about either organization, but I feel like I need some support to continue being sucessful. Not sure if that support needs to be in the form of group sessions, exercise equipment or maybe a few sessions with a personal trainer? The quest continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment