"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Monday, January 3, 2011

Looking back

This time last year I weighed in at 167. Currently I'm weighing in at about 151. So I only lost 16 pounds this past year, but I figure it's better to be down than up. For comparison, the first year of my lifestyle change, I started at 210 and lost 43 pounds over the course of the year.

I feel the past year was all about lose a pound or two and then spend a month at that new weight getting used to it. I think this is because I wasn't doing a high intensity exercise program. This is why I'm contemplating running again. Of course-I'm still just contemplating. I did get a copy of a 10k training program out, but it's just sitting on the counter. How do I take that first step and get going? Plus I should get a new pair of running shoes, but don't have a spare $100 sitting around. What to do....meanwhile maybe I'll start the 200 crunch challenge-again.

No comments:

Post a Comment