"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" ~ Seneca

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Getting back to it

First run last night after a 3 week break from running. Mind you I was swimming most every day, either snorkeling, jumping waves or treading water; not just sitting around. I used this as a test run to see if i should sign up for the next MEC race (#3 for those keeping count). 
While this was not the easiest of runs, it wasn't terrible.  5k in 33 min. Then I walked a bit. Then I ran another 1.6 km, a bit slower. 
So gauging from my breathing and effort, I went ahead and signed up for the 15km run. My main goal is to finish, end of story. It's hard to set a time goal, since 1) the first part of the race is uphill and 2) I haven't been running regularly. 1 hour 30 min would be a dream goal, but again just want to finish and have fun. We shall see. Forecast says rain, but that's better than snow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment